- Christian Doctrine pt. 38 - The Doctrine of Sanctification (6/27/19)
- Christian Doctrine pt. 37 The Doctrine of Sanctification (6/20/19)
- Christian Doctrine pt. 36 The Doctrine of the Christian Life: A Christian’s Work (6/6/19)
- Christian Doctrine pt. 35 The Doctrine of the Christian Life: A Christian’s Witness (5/30/19)
- The Doctrine of Man: The consequences of his sin (4/18/19)
- Christian Doctrine – Part 26 The Doctrine of Sin: Its Origin (3/28/19)
- Christian Doctrine – pt. 25 The Doctrine of Man: His Fall (3/14/19)
The train station
I read one time of a girl that was standing on the platform of a train station. She waved down an official and asked if the train started from that station? He replied, "For where? Let me see your ticket." When he looked at it he told her, "No, you are at the wrong station."
You see, two railroads went through that town. The station she needed to be at was the other one. She could not get to her destination by the train she was proposing to board for the simple reason that it was not on that track.
Some people would like to go to heaven but they are trying to make a start from the wrong station and they are attempting to travel by the wrong route. There is but one way and that is Christ.
Now this girl who was about to board the train at the wrong station was in ignorance of the way; but she was convinced when the official of the railroad gave her the information. She did not set up her ignorance against his knowledge, and she did not stop to argue about one way being as good as another. When she received the instruction she started for the right railroad.
The Bible tells us there is but one way to be saved. It is through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Hebrews 9:22 says, ". . .without the shedding of blood is no remission." Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For by grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast." By grace through faith. What is "grace?" G-R-A-C-E, God's riches at Christ's expense. By grace through faith. What is "faith?" F-A-I-T-H, Forsaking all I trust Him.
Grace is God's hand reaching down in love saying, "I want to save you." Faith is your hand reaching up, saying, "I believe." When your hand reaches his hand and they come together, that is salvation. God loves you and so does First Baptist Church.