Portageville’s First Christmas ParadeEven with the wintery temperatures Friday night, several Portageville residents braved the cold to watch Portageville’s first ever Christmas Parade. There were approximately 25 entrees. In addition...
Christmas in the ‘Ville continues with Christmas Parade; Holiday Lighting contestThe Portageville Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce upcoming holiday events that are sure to help keep the Christmas spirit alive around town! "We are continually striving to find new events...
- Penman family recognized for WWII Jeep Dedication (12/4/18)
- VFW Post 7183 hosts School Awards Banquet (12/3/18)
- Lilbourn Christmas Street Lights (12/3/18)
- Portageville Schools receive NRA Foundation School Shield Program Grant (12/3/18)
- BE A CHRISTMAS ANGEL (11/21/18)
- Gill speaks at Veterans ceremony (11/21/18)
- Safety Belt Usage Continues to Rise (11/16/18)
- Sisson signs to play at Harding UniversityOn November 14th, National Signing Day, Jake Sisson signed his National Letter of Intent to play college soccer at Harding University. Sisson’s achievements include 2x Division 1 Tennessee State Champion, Southern Regional Premier League Champion, 4x National Rush Select team, 2x High School State Quarterfinalist, Commercial Appeal All-Metro Team (Sophomore), Tennessee All-State Team Division 1 (Junior), Team Captain (Junior), Southern Coast Cup Tournament Top 11 (Junior) and 4x Varsity Starter. He is looking forward to his Senior season this Spring playing for the Collierville High School Dragons.. ...
Karen Elizabeth PainterKaren Elizabeth Painter, 68, of Orlando, FL, passed away on November 10, 2018. Karen was born in Memphis, TN, on September 7, 1950, to Dr. L.B. Painter and Margaret Jack Painter. A longtime...
HENRY HURLEYTom Henry Hurley, 82, of Granite City, Illinois passed away at 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, October 28, 2018, at Christian Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. He was born August 28, 1936, in Savannah,...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.