Planning and Zoning committee makes recommendation to CouncilIn last Monday's City Council meeting held in City Hall. The Planning and Zoning (P&Z) committee presented two items for Council approval. Pattie Johnson of the P&Z committee said, “We have approved...
October is Domestic Violence Awareness MonthThe month of October is designated for honoring multiple causes, but one important and sometimes overlooked observation is that in addition to being widely known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the...
- Main Street Madness deemed a success (10/9/18)
- Missouri’s statewide ‘ShakeOut’ earthquake drill coming up Oct. 18 (9/28/18)
- 3rd Annual Fall Craft Fair will showcase local artists (9/27/18)
- Three Rivers College opens nominations for 2019 Distinguished Alumni Award (9/27/18)
- Son of Lambert’s Cafe founder indicted on sex crimes (9/27/18)
- SRO Tax deemed invalid by Mo. Dept of Revenue (9/26/18)
- Celebrating soybeans - Portageville readies for annual festival (9/26/18)
- Takes Second PlaceThe Portageville Lady Bulldog Volleyball team finished with Second Place in the Gideon Invitational Tournament. The Lady Bulldogs defeated Hayti in two sets, Richland in two, Delta C-7 in two, South Pemiscot in two, Campbell in three sets on the way to the championship game before falling to Gideon in the Championship game. From left are, Juauslyn Johnson, Dasmine Johnson, Selinah Taylor, Maggie Frakes, Destinee Adams; back are, Coach Barry Branscum, Kellsie Jones, Grace Rone, Alexa Priggel, Haylie Hammack, Zarria Taylor, Camryn Spence, and Assistant Coach Sasha Starnes.-Scott Seal photo. ...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center
PANCAKE BREAKFAST - The 2019 PHS Project Graduation is having a Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, Oct. 13 from 7:00 am - 10:00 am. It will be held in the St. Eustachius Parish Center located at 200 W. 4th St. in Portageville. All tickets are PRE-SALE ONLY, the cost is $7.00. To go orders include 3 pancakes, 2 sausages, and milk.
Attention Class of 1978-1979!!
Get ready for the 39th and 40th Portageville Class Reunions to be held at the Portageville Community Center on October 12 & 13, 2018.
Friday - Meet and Greet from 7:00 PM - 9:00 AM. Saturday - Class Reunion from 7:00 PM to 9:00 AM
For more information, please call Linda Haynes, 816-582-7679.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.