One killed, five seriously injured in weekend crashCAMPBELL, Mo. - One person was killed and five others seriously injured in a collision. Harley N. Clifford, 23, of Pollard, Ark., was pronounced dead at the scene of an accident on Highway 62, four...
New business openingA familiar place is opening back up again very soon. Sprouse Truck and Tire Repair will officially open up for business on Monday, July 3rd in the former Simmons Service Station His specialty is...
- Bootheel Synergy designated as USDA Economic Development Region
- A-State Announces 2017 Spring Graduation List (6/28/17)
- Cheerleading Scholarship (6/28/17)
- New disc golf course at park (6/28/17)
- Employee with Parma Police Dept. jailed for receiving stolen property (6/28/17)
- Where in Portageville is the World? (6/28/17)
- Missouri to Offer New Career and Technical Education Certificate for Students (6/23/17)
- Crysler Recognized In Football At CMUFAYETTE, MO - Central Methodist University student William Crysler, a business major from Portageville, Mo., was one of over 300 CMU student athletes recognized for athletic achievements during the 2016-17 school year. Central held its annual All-Sport Awards Ceremony on Thursday, April 27, during which many of the student athletes were honored...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Counsel Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
The Portageville Chamber of Commerce will meet every 1st and 3rd TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Heartland Tax.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Remnant House Church provides rides
Remnant House Church, in Conran, will be providing van service to the communities of Campbell, Malden, Clarkton, Gideon and Portageville on Sunday mornings to anyone that needs a ride to their church.For more information, or to secure a ride to church, contact Susie or Jerry at 573-217-9953.