Portageville Lady Bulldogs win last Home game
New Madrid Co. Farmers apart of group NRCS Volunteer AwardDexter, MO – A group of volunteers with the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is the winner of the agency’s Central Region Group Volunteer Award. The Missouri Delta Soil Health...
- Missouri Mentoring Partnership Participates in Job Shadowing Day (2/13/19)
- Monday flood areas (2/12/19)
- A-State Announces 2018 Fall Chancellor’s, Dean’s Lists (2/12/19)
- Men's Conference of the Bootheel at Tallapoosa Church (2/8/19)
- McCrate offers dietitian advise (2/6/19)
- President Bill Clinton to Speak at Riceland Hall, Feb. 11 (2/6/19)
- Local Chapter to celebrate National FFA Week (2/6/19)
- Lady Bulldog Basketball Senior Night 2019Last Thursday night, three Portageville Lady Bulldogs were honored on Senior Night. It was the last home game of the regular season. The Lady Bulldogs hosted Lady Eagles of East Prairie. The three girls were honored for all the time, hard work, and dedication that they have put in over the years...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Local FFA chapter to host crawfish and shrimp boil
On March 23, the Portageville FFA chapter will host their first crawfish, shrimp boil, and auction! The event will take place at the Portageville High School Cafeteria. Crawfish, shrimp, and dessert will be served at 4:30 along with the auction to follow at 6:00. The auction will include handmade items that the ag-education students have been working hard on in class and items donated by local businesses and independent distributors. Tickets are on sale for $20 each and your ticket will include all you can eat crawfish, shrimp, and dessert. Please contact an FFA member, officer, or advisor if you would like to purchase a ticket and support the Portageville FFA chapter! “We thank you all in advance for your support and hope to see you in attendance at our event,” said FFA advisor Jeremy Angotti.