Programs aimed at adults, children look to curb diabetes and obesity ratesSIKESTON — As diabetes and obesity rates continue to rise in the Missouri Bootheel, two local programs aim to curb the increase, targeting adults and children. The Bootheel Health Alliance, a network...
Local schools set dates for high school graduationPORTAGEVILLE — Members of the class of 2019 will begin receiving their high school diplomas in less than a month as several area high schools will graduate their seniors in early May. Portageville...
- MoDOT encouraging drivers to watch out for crews mowing (4/17/19)
- GLOW Egg Hunt winners (4/17/19)
- Jones honored at Farm Bureau Insurance Conference (4/17/19)
- Scholar Bowl success (4/17/19)
- Cross celebrating 44 year (4/16/19)
- Jones Honored at Farm Bureau Insurance Conference (4/16/19)
- Chamber of Commerce Glow Egg Hunt winners (4/16/19)
- Wild walk-off: Wild pitch sends Portageville away with a win over ChaffeePORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Standing at third base with only one out, Portageville’s Sam Riggs had his mind on home plate and a chance to win an important game for the Bulldogs. With Kile Adams at the plate, Chaffee’s pitching change did not go as planned, as the Red Devil’s hurler threw the ball that catcher Landon Tenkhoff could not handle, and is it went straight toward the backstop, Riggs hustled home and slid to the bag before the tag was applied, to secure a 4-3 win over Chaffee (6-2)...
Cynquencia YoungPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Cynquencia Shuntea Young, 41, died March 8, 2019, at Washington County Memorial Hospital in Potosi. Born Nov. 8, 1977, in Colorado Springs, Colo., she was the daughter of the late...
Margie SimmonsPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Margie DeRousse Simmons, 83, died March 9, 2019, at Portageville. Born Sept. 8, 1935, in Portageville, daughter of the late Thelma Ethel Pigg Yarbro DeRousse and Ollie DeRousse,...
Joyce PetersSIKESTON — Joyce Jeanette Peters, 74, died March 11, 2019, at her home in Sikeston. Born March 16, 1944, in Lilbourn, she was the daughter of the late Claude and Detsil Heath Davidson. On April 20,...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.