- Finding solutions for Bootheel Healthcare Through Heart to Heart, Inc (7/16/19)
- Bean named Interim Superintendent (7/15/19)
- Marston to receive funding for wastewater and water infrastructure (7/15/19)
- FSCB Jr Savers Prize Winner (7/10/19)
- First cotton bloom (7/10/19)
- Bradfield is 2019 Miss July 4th; Community Day event results (7/3/19)
- A-State Announces 2019 Spring Graduation List (6/27/19)
- Bootheel boys basketball coach Aaron Bidewell ready for new role as Holcomb athletic directorAaron Bidewell is preparing for a new role in the world of high school sports. Bidewell, who has served as the varsity boys basketball coach at Hayti the past three seasons, recently accepted the position of athletic director at Holcomb High School for the 2019-20 school year...
Robert NowellPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. ó†Robert Lee Nowell, 94, died July 2, 2019, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.†† Born† July 29, 1924, in Portageville, son of the late Allie Estes Beaton Nowell and...
Lorena LedbetterSIKESTON†ó Lorena Ledbetter, 77, formerly of East Prairie, died June 29, 2019, at Cottonpoint Living Center in Matthews. Born Sept. 26, 1941, in Lilbourn, daughter of the late Ed and Beaulah Busby...
Robert HicksPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. ó†Robert Wayne Hicks of Portageville, Missouri, passed away June 17, 2019, surrounded by his wife and sons in Cincinnati, Ohio.† Bob was born May 21, 1940, in Holland, Missouri, to...
Emmett Maylon Alsup and Anthony James Alsup (7/15/19)Jacob and Eliza Alsup of Jackson, Mo. are the proud parents of twin boys, Emmett Maylon Alsup, and Anthony James Alsup. They were born on June 13, 2019, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape...
Jax Allen Buchanan (7/15/19)Chelsea Taylor Hunt and Adam Henry Allen Buchanan of Portageville are the proud parents of Jax Allen Buchanan. He was born on June 17, 2019, at 7:22 am and weighed 7 Lbs. 10 Oz. and 18 3/4 long. He...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
PHS 50 Year Reunion in October
The Portageville Classes of 1969 and 1970 will hold a joint 50 Year class reunion on Friday, October 11. This will be in conjunction with the PHS Homecoming. The official starting time of the reunion is 4:00 PM at the high school. It will begin with a tour of the school followed by a tailgate party in front of the high school by the flag pole. Then, onto the gamer and watch all the Homecoming festivities and cheer for the Bulldogs followed by a post-game party at St. Eustachius Parish Hall. Tailgate party ad after party are BYOFood and drink. Bring chairs for the tailgate party. Other activities are in the planning stage. See you in October!
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.