Williams, Martinez join the Pemiscot Memorial Health Center teamLaDonna Williams, left, and Tammi Martinez, right, have joined the health care team at the Portageville Primary Care Clinic, as well as other locations within their parent company, Pemiscot Memorial...
Caruthersville man arrested for child pornographyCARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. — A Caruthersville man faces multiple felony child pornography possession charges. Damien S. Bennett, 21, of Caruthersville is charged with 10 counts of possession of child...
- Plans are to convert MO Highway 60 into I-57 still being worked on (5/26/17)
- Come cool off with snow cup! (5/25/17)
- FSCB Scholarship Recipient (5/24/17)
- Mowing Season Begins on Missouri Roadsides (5/24/17)
- Mo. Governor Greitens calls for Special session, a key to more area jobs (5/24/17)
- PHS Scholar Bowl Finishes sixth in Class 2 Scholar Bowl (5/19/17)
- New Madrid Ward 2 voters return to polls on June 20 (5/19/17)
- Squirrel and black bass seasons open Memorial Day weekend (5/24/17)
- SEMO War Eagles earn Second in Slam Fest (5/24/17)
- Portageville Bulldogs win Class 3 District 1 Sectional (5/24/17)
- New Madrid County Central ends season after first round loss to Perryville (5/18/17)
- Portageville takes on Scott City in Class 3 district title game (5/18/17)
- Portageville Bulldogs defeat Neelyville and NMCC with loss to DexterS (5/17/17)
Mary Carolyn Clay, 81Mary Carolyn Clay was born in Chicago, Ill. on the Nov. 19, 1935. She died on the May 12, 2017, in Manchester, Tenn. She was a medical doctor secretary for many years in Virginia Beach, Va., and...
Rev. Leland Butler, 89Rev. Leland Butler passed away Monday, May 15, 2017 at his home in Portageville at the age of 89 years. He was born Feb. 11, 1928 in Buena Vista, Tenn., to Lillian (Hargrove) Butler and Rev. Neil...
Steven Andrew Fisher, 56Steven Andrew Fisher passed away Sunday, May 14, 2017, at Pemiscot Memorial Health Systems in Hayti at the age of 56. He was born May 14, 1961 in Hayti to Beatrice (Tucker) Fisher and J.B. Fisher. He...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Counsel Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
The Portageville Chamber of Commerce will meet every 1st and 3rd TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Heartland Tax.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Remnant House Church provides rides
Remnant House Church, in Conran, will be providing van service to the communities of Campbell, Malden, Clarkton, Gideon and Portageville on Sunday mornings to anyone that needs a ride to their church.For more information, or to secure a ride to church, contact Susie or Jerry at 573-217-9953.