Military will host free medical clinics May 1-9PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — For the military, it is a way to test their skills in setting up and running medical clinics. For the public, it could be a life-saving event. Joel Evans, DAEOC president and CEO,...
Remnant House Church provides ridesRemnant House Church, in Conran, will be providing van service to the communities of Campbell, Malden, Clarkton, Gideon and Portageville on Sunday mornings to anyone that needs a ride to their...
- Local health group initiative requests focus group participants (3/24/17)
- Three tornadoes confirmed in New Madrid, Stoddard counties last week (3/22/17)
- Be a part of a community organization, join the Portageville Jaycees (3/22/17)
- Bill regulating herbicide use sent to governor’s desk (3/22/17)
- We're not in Kansas anymore (3/22/17)
- A Portageville Leprechaun (3/22/17)
- Portageville Jaycees to offer $250 Scholarship (3/22/17)
- Girls Bootheel Conference team announcedThe Bootheel All-Conference Players has been released for both the Varsity and Junior Varsity girls basketball teams. Three varsity girls have been selected to the team. They are, Deondra Johnson, Dasmine Johnson and Adrienne Duncan. Two player from the Junior Varsity team were also names for 1st team in the jayvee division. they are Juslyn Johnson and Garielle Madison. Deondra Johnson and Adrienne Duncanc are also named to the All-District team as well...
- Bootheel Conference boys team selected (3/23/17)
- 2017 Portageville Bulldogs baseball preview (3/23/17)
- PHS Lady Dawgs win season opener (3/22/17)
- Portageville Bulldogs begin baseball season with two wins (3/22/17)
- MDC forecasts good spring turkey season for hunters (3/17/17)
- Former MLB star David Eckstein announced as 2017 Semoball Awards Speaker (3/17/17)
Jim R. Gray, 62Jim was born in Sambar, Tenn. on Aug. 5, 1954. He passed in Dyer, Tenn. on March 7, 2017 at the age of 62. He lived most of his life in Portageville. He was a farmer all his life and truly enjoyed...
Jackie Laverne Eads, 55Miss Jackie Laverne Eads, 55, of Oxford, MS, formerly of Batesville, passed away on Sunday, March 5, 2017, at Baptist Memorial Hospital - North Mississippi in Oxford. Jackie was born in Batesville,...
Joseph Vernon “ Joe” Edwards, 89Joseph Vernon "Joe" Edwards was born September 14, 1927 in Portageville to Landon Edwards and Grace (Jackson) Edwards. He died Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at Sherwood, AR at the age of 89 years, 5...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Counsel Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
The Portageville Chamber of Commerce will meet every 1st and 3rd TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Heartland Tax.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Remnant House Church provides rides
Remnant House Church, in Conran, will be providing van service to the communities of Campbell, Malden, Clarkton, Gideon and Portageville on Sunday mornings to anyone that needs a ride to their church.For more information, or to secure a ride to church, contact Susie or Jerry at 573-217-9953.
Girl Scout Cookie Booth Sale
Girl Scout Troop 71505 will hold a Cookie Booth Sale on Saturday, March 25, 2017 from Noon to 2 PM at Dollar General in Portageville. This will be our last sale.
Catholic school pre-school registration
St. Eustachius School has announced their Pre-school registration is open now for the 2017-2018 enrollment for three and four year olds. The program offers a half day or full day enrollment, and optional after school care is available. The St. Eustachius Catholic School is:
• Open to children of all faiths
• Focuses on growth of whole child
• Pre-reading and reediness skills
• Learn respect, responsibility and cooperation
• Learn about God's love and children's Bible stories
• Nourishes Christian values.
For more informational, contact Tricia Rone, principal at 573-379-3525.