he New Madrid County Family Resource Center, Missouri Mentoring Partnership Staff present the It Only Takes One Teen Safe Driving CampaignConcerned students at Risco, Portageville and Gideon High Schools as well as members of the New Madrid County 4H Youth in Action club have joined other Missouri high schools to help their school and...
Pengyin Chen is the new soybean breeder for Fisher Delta CenterWith his feet now accustomed to the soils of the Missouri Bootheel, Pengyin Chen has stepped into some big shoes as he leads the soybean breeding team at the The Fisher Delta Research Center. He came...
- Blunt Discusses Future of Missouri Agriculture During Missouri State University Forum
- Planting a Seed: Baker Implement Company Donates Two Tractors to Southeast (4/28/17)
- A meeting with a legend (4/28/17)
- Military medical mission moved to September; services to be the same (4/28/17)
- P.A.W.S. (Pets Are Worth Supporting) (4/28/17)
- NEIGHBORS........Women in Agriculture Second in a series (4/27/17)
- Campus Corner - Three Rivers College Releases Fall 2016 Dean’s List (4/27/17)
- Missouri's Soybean Breeding Team Growing for Farmers
- Search for Missouri Century Farms continues
- What is an Inversion and Why Should You Know? (4/27/17)
- MDC assigns new conservation agent for Stoddard County (4/26/17)
- Biologists will present recent data and hear from anglers May 4, 9 and 11. (4/21/17)
- MDC encourages motorists to give turtles a brake (4/21/17)
William Cleo Elrod Jr., 82William Cleo “Joe” Elrod Jr. was born May 5, 1934 in Batesville, Ark. to Wayman Cleo Elrod and Cornelius (Smith) Elrod. He passed away Sunday, March 26, 2017 at the Missouri Delta Medical Center in...
Winifred Young Bell, 101Winifred “Winnie” Young Bell was born May 10, 1915 in Portageville, to Charlie Young and Tommie Ann Gowan Young. She died Tuesday March 14, 2017 at Golden Living Center in New Madrid, at the age of...
Claudette Gipson, 58Claudette Gipson was born April 22, 1958 in Portageville, to Georgia Mae Steele and Thomas Minnis. She departed this life on April 3, 2017 in Portageville, at the age of 58 years. She was preceded in...
Community Bulletin Board
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Counsel Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
The Portageville Chamber of Commerce will meet every 1st and 3rd TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Heartland Tax.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Remnant House Church provides rides
Remnant House Church, in Conran, will be providing van service to the communities of Campbell, Malden, Clarkton, Gideon and Portageville on Sunday mornings to anyone that needs a ride to their church.For more information, or to secure a ride to church, contact Susie or Jerry at 573-217-9953.
Latest State & Nation News