FIRST STATE BANK & TRUST CO., INC. NAMES “TREY” CAIN SOUTH MARKET PRESIDENTCaruthersville, Mo. – First State Bank & Trust Co., Inc. recently promoted Charles F. “Trey” Cain III to the south market president, an area encompassing Caruthersville, Portageville, and Hayti. Most...
University of Missouri Extension Partners with Kennett Community Supervision Center to Provide Adult EducationUniversity of Missouri Extension Community Engagement Specialist in Nutrition and Health, Samantha Anderson, is currently teaching a “Cooking Matters for Adults” course in Kennett with the assistance...
- Farmers urged to enroll early for MU Crop Management Conference (11/12/19)
- Parks speaks at Portageville High Veterans Day Assembly (11/11/19)
- Parks speaks at Portageville High Veterans Day Assembly (11/4/19)
- Navy Corpsman Wheeler delivers remarks at 10th annual Veterans Day Breakfast (11/4/19)
- Bobo's Freeze Queen Now Open (11/4/19)
- Lady Luck Casino Caruthersville to treat vets to a free meal in honor of Veterans Day (11/4/19)
- Portageville Chamber of Commerce to host Holiday Open House (11/4/19)
- Portageville JV Volleyball wins conference TournamentThe No. 4 seeded Portageville Bulldogs dropped the first set but rallied to knock off the No. 2 seeded Malden Green Wave 20-25, 25-9, 25-19 in the junior varsity title game of the Bootheel Conference Tournament Thursday night. “We’ve got a group of girls that simply do not quit,” Portageville coach Sasha Starnes said. ...
Nora W. Moore, 88Nora Willene Moore, 88, of Madison, MS passed away on October 24, 2019. She was born July 18, 1931, in Hayward, MO and is the daughter of the late Jim Cummings and the late Anna Lee Humphreys...
Opal BoonePORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Opal Boone, 89, died Oct. 11, 2019, at Breeze Park in Weldon Spring. Born March 21, 1930, in Portageville, she was the daughter of the late Ada Mae Taylor Pigg and James...
Albert EftinkCHAFFEE, Mo. — Albert Herman Eftink, 98, died Oct. 13, 2019, at Chaffee Nursing Center. Born Dec. 13, 1920, in Portageville, son of the late John H. and Josephine Glastetter Eftink, he was a...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.