Water not stopping the workAccording to the National Weather Service, the tributaries of the Lower Mississippi River are currently experiencing minor to moderate flooding, whereas the mainstream Lower Mississippi River is...
Missouri ag presentationJami Geske from Mew Madrid County Farm Bureau discussed with Third Grade Classes at Portageville Elementary and at Christian Academy in Sikeston about the diversity of Missouri. She also presented...
- 2019 Extension Council officers
- County Road and Bridge Sales tax proposed to voters
- Third Quarter Honor Roll at Portageville Middle School
- Congratulations to Regional Science Fair Winners (3/14/19)
- Richardson selected recipient of the 2019 TRC Distinguished Alumni Award (3/14/19)
- Christian Doctrine – pt. 25 The Doctrine of Man: His Fall (3/14/19)
- David Phelps To preform at Cape First Church In Cape Girardeau (3/14/19)
- Girls All-Conference and DistrictsThe 2019 Bootheel Conference high school girls basketball awards have been released. Two Portageville Girl’s Basketball Players have been named into the Bootheel All-Conference team. They are from left, Dasmine Johnson and Garielle Madison. Others listed include Hayti’s Amiya Johnson, Caruthersville’s Keara Johnson, Hayti’s Ariyani Robinson, Senath-Hornersville’s Camille Edmonston, Holcomb’s Macy Houart, Campbell’s Emily Peters, Hayti’s Stemaiya Robinson, Malden’s Madison Saulsbery, South Pemiscot’s Mya Starks, Holcomb’s Bailey Cupples, and South Pemiscot’s Aliyah Taylor were selected all-conference.. ...
Cynquencia YoungPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Cynquencia Shuntea Young, 41, died March 8, 2019, at Washington County Memorial Hospital in Potosi. Born Nov. 8, 1977, in Colorado Springs, Colo., she was the daughter of the late...
Margie SimmonsPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Margie DeRousse Simmons, 83, died March 9, 2019, at Portageville. Born Sept. 8, 1935, in Portageville, daughter of the late Thelma Ethel Pigg Yarbro DeRousse and Ollie DeRousse,...
Joyce PetersSIKESTON — Joyce Jeanette Peters, 74, died March 11, 2019, at her home in Sikeston. Born March 16, 1944, in Lilbourn, she was the daughter of the late Claude and Detsil Heath Davidson. On April 20,...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
- Working for the people: Rone uses agriculture expertise as state representative
- Gun fired during domestic argument
- Congratulations to Regional Science Fair Winners
- Sewer Plant updates discussed; Additional Solar Panel grant to be decided
- David Phelps To preform at Cape First Church In Cape Girardeau