- Former Mo. State Trooper Freddie Butler will hold a book signing event (10/14/19)
- Fayette receives Missouri Young Bankers Leadership Award (10/14/19)
- Caregivers and Grand families Care Day Set For November 7 in Caruthersville (10/14/19)
- First State Community Bank Welcomes Mason Kellams (10/14/19)
- They're off to see the Wizard (10/8/19)
- Parrent crowned 2019 Miss Soybean (10/6/19)
- Springer hired as Farm Marketing Consultant (10/4/19)
- Gideon takes out Portageville in quarter-final(Gideon, Mo.) - The Portageville Lady Bulldogs could not get past the Gideon Lady Bulldogs in their first quarter final game Saturday. Portageville lost in two sets, 14-25 and 12-25. The two teams met in the quarter-final play of the annual Gideon Volleyball Invitational that began last Thursday and concluded Saturday...
David WatersBLOOMFIELD, Mo. — David Dale Waters, 68, died Oct. 9, 2019, at St. Louis University Hospital in St. Louis. Born Aug. 25, 1951, in Canalou, son of Joyce Waters of Dexter and the late Columbus “Jack”...
Susan SpencerPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Susan Estes Spencer, 68, died Oct. 9, 2019, at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau. Survivors include one daughter, Missi (Claudie) Cook of Portageville; two sisters, Patty...
Billie Wayne MooreSIKESTON — Billie Wayne Moore, 62, died Oct. 1, 2019, at his home in Sikeston. Born June 28, 1957, in New Madrid County, son of Earlean Moore of New Madrid and the late Tom Moore Jr., he was a U.S....
Municipal Court News-September (10/4/19)The following cases were heard in the Portageville Municipal Court on September 5, 2019, by Judge Chris Stinnett. Fines ordered include Court Costs: Hunter Hartman – Excessive Noise – Loud Music...
Municipal Court News (10/4/19)The following cases were heard in the Portageville Municipal Court on August 8, 2019, by Judge Chris Stinnett. Fines ordered include Court Costs: Trenice Bell – Failure to Register Motor Vehicle...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.