Application Deadline Approaches for LPN-to-RN Programs at Three RiversThe application deadline is approaching for Three Rivers College’s daytime LPN-RN Bridge program in Poplar Bluff and its LPN-RN Bridge program at Three Rivers – Sikeston. The application deadline for...
Portageville High School Senior Beta Club Host “Stuff the Bus”Portageville High School Beta Club collected school supplies to “Stuff the Bus” at Portageville Dollar General on Friday, August 4, 2017, and at Portageville Fred’s and Sikeston Wal-Mart on Saturday,...
- Missouri Peach Fair kicks off this week
- Delta Regional Authority graduates 7 Missouri leaders ready to improve their local communities
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
- Ozark National Scenic Riverways Hosts Solar Eclipse Viewing Event
- Missouri Rice Field Day to Offer Growers Updates on Markets, Crop Management, Global Testing
- Ashcroft Announces “Rooted in Agriculture” Photo Contest
- 2017 Great Meals on Wheels: Food Truck Race includes Southeast Missouri native
- Volleyball jamboree sees area team game readyThe Portageville High School hosted a volleyball Jamboree Monday night, Aug. 14. The participating school included New Madrid County Central, Kennett and Portageville. Both junior varsity and varsity teams played. Below are the results of the six sets. One freshman game was played as well. Kennett High School did not play in the jayvee or freshman sets...
- National Rice Month Scholarship Contest Now Open
- Football season kicks off season at Portageville
- Hall of Fame coach Lennies McFerren the subject of doc to be screened in Miner
- Portageville Bulldogs have a positive outlook with upcoming season (8/9/17)
- Charleston Squirrels earn 9-4 win over Mt. Olive, move to 2-0 in World Series pool play (8/9/17)
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Counsel Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Remnant House Church provides rides
Remnant House Church, in Conran, will be providing van service to the communities of Campbell, Malden, Clarkton, Gideon and Portageville on Sunday mornings to anyone that needs a ride to their church.For more information, or to secure a ride to church, contact Susie or Jerry at 573-217-9953.
Chamber seeking volunteers
The Portageville Chamber of Commerce is seeking volunteers to participate in the 2017 Portageville Soybean Festival activities. Your local Chamber of Commerce members are excited to get this annual celebration of this community and heritage rolling this coming fall. In that spirit, this year's festival theme will be “70 Years of Rolling on a River.” Come and join other chamber members as they work to make this year's festival one to remember. Festival dates are September 23 – 29, and volunteers are being sought for all events. Interested persons should contact the Portageville Chamber of Commerce at (573) 391-0109, (573) 379-0790, or (573) 748-0859 for more information.
Heartland Book Festival on the Mississippi set for October 28
The Heartland Writers’ Guild will be hosting the Heartland Book Festival on the Mississippi on October 28, 2017, at the Osage Centre in Cape Girardeau from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Portageville Bulldogs have a positive outlook with upcoming season
- Employee with Parma Police Dept. jailed for receiving stolen property
- Prize winning butt
- New security system in place at New Madrid County Courthouse
- Operation Healthy Delta will offer no-cost medical, vision, and dental services in Caruthersville and Charleston September 13-22.