Welcome to PortagevilleIf you have driven by the North and South-bound “Welcome to Portageville” signs I-55, you may have noticed the condition of these sign. Installed in panels, it has slowly begun to peel away with...
Local Bank Donates to St. Eustachius School[Portageville, Mo.] — Last week, First State Community Bank in Portageville donated $1000.00 to the St. Eustachius School as part of FSCB’s 2018 Impact Initiative Project. St. Eustachius just...
- Three Rivers College nursing student awarded the Karon Campbell Distinguished Alumni Scholarship (10/18/18)
- Portageville celebrated 71 Years of the National Annual Soybean Festival (10/17/18)
- Local Community Fights Back through HopeFest Event (10/17/18)
- Planning and Zoning committee makes recommendation to Council (10/11/18)
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (10/10/18)
- Main Street Madness deemed a success (10/9/18)
- Missouri’s statewide ‘ShakeOut’ earthquake drill coming up Oct. 18 (9/28/18)
- Quail production for 2018 below 10-year average, but good hunting can still be foundJEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – With the quail-hunting season starting Nov. 1, the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) advises hunters that overall quail production was about the same as last year, but below the 10-year average. MDC staff note that good hunting can be found in areas with quality habitat in the north and west-central portions of the state...
Thomas "Meatman" BankstonThomas "Meatman" Bankston "Missouri Powerball stocks plummeted after hearing the passing of Thomas Bankston, he kept the wheels hot, getting his weekly tickets, his lucky lottery numbers came up and...
Euladean M. FarmerEuladean M. (Dacus) Farmer went to be with her Lord, Jesus Christ, September 15, 2018, at the age of 88 years. She was born to James Olian and Mary Blanche (Hall) Dacus June 12, 1930, in...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.