SUNRISE SERVICEThe First Church of God in Portageville, MO, is delighted to host the annual "Sunrise Service" at 7:00 a.m. on Easter morning, April 1, 2018. The service will be held in the Memorial Garden at 500...
Portageville Jaycees to offer $250 ScholarshipEligibility Requirements – Applicants must be a graduating high school senior for Portageville High School who has volunteered or participated in community service projects in their community. ...
- Cotton Producers of Missouri host annual meeting
- Chamber of Commerce to host banquet
- Former Portageville resident is MS activist
- Hayti student receives Kay Porter Memorial Scholarship to attend Three Rivers (3/17/18)
- Southeast Missouri Regional Science Fair displayed 442 student projects (3/16/18)
- Upcoming Economic Development Plan Public Discussion Meeting Set (3/16/18)
- Magnitude 7 Metals plans to reopen old Noranda aluminum smelter, create 450 jobs (3/16/18)
- Late start for the Portageville Lady DawgsThe Portageville Lady Dawgs return with eight of their nine starters, with five new Freshmen. "The girls have practiced hard and are ready to start playing this season. We are looking forward again to playing postseason in the spring season," said head coach Ashlie Patton...
Ruth SwilleyRuth Marie Swilley, 91, of Portageville, was born July 30, 1926, in Conran, Mo., to Jahn and Georgia Attberry, and departed this life Friday, March 2, 2018 at her residence. She was united in...
Joseph PriggelJoseph Paul Priggel, 77, of Portageville, was born January 28, 1941, in Portageville, to Paul Vincent Priggel and Jane Brands Priggel, and departed this life Saturday, March 3, 2018 at St. Francis...
Mary Jo Sharpe, 81Mary Jo Sharpe, 81, died Wednesday, February 21, 2018 in the Hernando-Pasco Hospice Care Center, a caring and loving facility in Brooksville, Fla. From her birth, in Cape Girardeau, October 27, 1936...
Portageville Municipal Court (3/23/18)The following cases were heard in the Portageville Municipal Court on March 1, 2018 by Judge Chris Stinnett. Fines ordered include Court Costs: Probation was ordered revoked for William Casey Dixon...
February Fire Reports (3/1/18)February Incident Report 5 total 0 city 5 rural Rural Incident 1 On 02/03/2018 at 13:28 Fire Department was paged for a mutual aid call over near Gideon. Rural Pumper 1, Tanker Truck & Supply Truck...
February Municipal Court report (2/28/18)The following cases were heard in the Portageville Municipal Court on February 1, 2018 by Judge Chris Stinnett. Fines ordered include Court Costs: Shirley D. Blacksure – No Insurance $150.00; Anthony...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
Easter Sunrise Service
Location: First Church of God--Memorial Garden
Date: April 1, 2018
Time: 7:00 a.m.
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Bank of New Madrid McCrate Memorial Scholarship
Applications are currently being taken for the Joseph E. and Harriette H. McCrate Memorial Scholarship offered to a Portageville High School graduate from The Bank of New Madrid. To be eligible for the scholarship, graduates must have a high proficiency in scholarship, citizenship and moral and ethical conduct. The deadline for the application is April 6, 2018. To find out more information about the scholarship, contact the High School Counselor, Lisa Day.
- Portageville All Conference/District Basketball Players
- Local student shadows area public official
- Magnitude 7 Metals plans to reopen old Noranda aluminum smelter, create 450 jobs
- Southeast Missouri Regional Science Fair displayed 442 student projects
- Patrol's Division Of Drug & Crime Control Announces Promotion