Stinnett Brothers performsWyatt and Will Stinnett are also known as Double Take, performed on June 1, in Portageville at the annual shrimp boil put on by Steve and Lynn Kellams. With over 200 people in attendance, Double Take...
Local teen rodeo talent qualifies for nationalsRailey Bradfield is the 17 yr old daughter of Toby and Kelli Bradfield of Portageville. She is on her way to compete in the High School National Finals Rodeo in Rock Springs Wyoming. She competed in...
- Creative Media Production to Offer Certifications
- A-State Announces 2019 Spring Chancellor’s, Dean’s Lists (6/19/19)
- Portageville police arrest one after traffic stop (6/19/19)
- Several things factor into traffic stop report (6/19/19)
- Marston man found guilty of robbing undercover officer (6/19/19)
- FSCB Scholarship Recipient (6/6/19)
- Three Rivers College Releases Spring 2019 Dean’s List (6/6/19)
- New scoreboard at the Big ParkPortageville School District baseball teams are fortunate to get to play on some of the nicest high school and middle school baseball fields in Southeast Missouri. According to a post on the Portageville School District Facebook page, it says, “We appreciate this privilege and honor. Mr. ...
Thomas M. GrableThomas M. Grable was born December 10, 1961, at Pemiscot Memorial Hospital in Hayti, MO to Dr. James D. and Virginia Grable of Portageville, MO. His siblings, Ann, Kaye, and Jimbo were eagerly...
Susan Elizabeth Lester EftinkSusan Elizabeth Lester Eftink, 66, died peacefully in her home in Garner, NC, on April 6, 2019. She was born in Portageville, MO, on August 14, 1952. She had previously lived for over 30 years in...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
PHS 50 Year Reunion in October
The Portageville Classes of 1969 and 1970 will hold a joint 50 Year class reunion on Friday, October 11. This will be in conjunction with the PHS Homecoming. The official starting time of the reunion is 4:00 PM at the high school. It will begin with a tour of the school followed by a tailgate party in front of the high school by the flag pole. Then, onto the gamer and watch all the Homecoming festivities and cheer for the Bulldogs followed by a post-game party at St. Eustachius Parish Hall. Tailgate party ad after party are BYOFood and drink. Bring chairs for the tailgate party. Other activities are in the planning stage. See you in October!
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.