Southeast Missouri State University Announces Fall 2017 GraduatesCAPE GIRARDEAU, MO -- Southeast Missouri State University has announced its fall 2017 graduates. Lewis Allgier of Portageville, MO, graduated with a Bachelor of Science with a major in agribusiness,...
Dixie Theater ShowThe Dixie Arts Council presents "Love in the Key of Hello & Goodbye" on Saturday, February 17, 7:00 pm at the Dixie Theater on Main Street in New Madrid, Mo. Local talented kids and adults will be...
- A-State's Spring Semester Headcount is 13,790 (2/10/18)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Training to be held in Kennett (2/10/18)
- Southeast Missouri Farmers, Agriculture Producers Should Have Voice in NAFTA Negotiations (2/9/18)
- Southeast Invites Prospective Students to Attend Show Me Day Feb. 17 and 19 (2/9/18)
- Men's Conference of the Bootheel at Tallapoosa Church (2/8/18)
- Spence Named to UA Dean's List (2/8/18)
- Leadership Conferences Offered to Missouri High Schools (2/8/18)
- Summer ball meetingAs the new Summer Ball Season approaches, it is time to start discussing registrations, expectations, issues, and areas that may or may not need to be addressed. There will be a meeting on February 26th, at 6:30, at Called Up for all that want to contribute/volunteer their time to help make this year's season a success, just as last year...
Ray CantrellLotis Ray Cantrell, of Portageville, was born January 6, 1940, in Water Valley, Miss., to Lotis Ray Cantrell, Sr. and Elsie Mae Dickey, and departed this life Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at the New...
Jerry Dean MayoJerry Dean Mayo was born on August 31, 1935, in Evansville, Indiana to Richard and Bessie Mayo. He was the 5th of 13 siblings. His family called him “Dinky” and together they had many adventures....
Gean Rone SimpsonGean “Geanie” Rone Simpson, 61, of Portageville, was born July 22, 1956, in Cape Girardeau, to Donald Dell Rone, Sr. and Marium Bethel Girvin Rone, and departed this life Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.