Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New MadridAn India-based company could decide by year's end whether to establish a steel mill in the Missouri Bootheel, a state lawmaker said Thursday. State Rep. Don Rone, R-Portageville, said a New Madrid,...
Celebrate the Christmas season in New MadridExperience an old fashioned Christmas in beautiful New Madrid, Missouri. The spirit of the season can be felt as you take the Christmas light driving tour through town. Colorful light displays...
- Missouri NRCS Sets January 19 Application Deadline for Easements
- WGU Missouri Announces $50,000 in Scholarships for Veterans, Military Service Members
- New Madrid and Malden License Office contracts awarded (11/21/17)
- Books for the Bootheel (11/21/17)
- Portageville High School Veteran’s Day Assembly (11/21/17)
- Farmer Rancher Grant Program (11/11/17)
- Man charged with arson following weekend house fire (11/11/17)
- Portageville Bulldogs look to be more focused for coming season
- MDC reports firearms deer season opening weekend harvest totals 94,000+ (11/21/17)
- Basketball gym to be dedicated (11/21/17)
- USDA ag census to arrive in mail soon, MU Extension urges farmers to complete survey (11/11/17)
- 2017 WATERMELON MEETING (11/11/17)
- Young deer hunters harvest 17,200+ during early youth portion (11/10/17)
Thomas Brown SadlerThomas Brown Sadler was born February 2, 1933, in Kentucky, to Thomas Collins Sadler and Faris Snedegar, and passed away Sunday, November 5, 2017, at his residence in Portageville, at the age of 84...
Dorothy Carter “Mama Dot”Dorothy Sue “Mama Dot” Carter was born September 20, 1930, in Osceola, Ark., to Robert Lee Frazier and Mary Sue (Vanmeter) Frazier, and departed this life Thursday, November 9, 2017 at New Madrid...
Lidia JamesLidia Odessa James, of Portageville, was born January 4, 1944, in Portageville, to Love Durden and Mae Fannie (Ward) Durden, and departed this life Saturday, October 21, 2017 at her residence. She...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.
Remnant House Church provides rides
Remnant House Church, in Conran, will be providing van service to the communities of Campbell, Malden, Clarkton, Gideon and Portageville on Sunday mornings to anyone that needs a ride to their church.For more information, or to secure a ride to church, contact Susie or Jerry at 573-217-9953.