Bullpup of Year AwardsCongratulations to these students for winning the Portageville Middle School Bullpup of the year award for 2017-18. From left are, Ashlyn Swilley, A.J. Larry, Mollie Roberts, Andrew Jones, Khristshan...
New Madrid hosts second annual Backyard BBQ CompetitionThe weather is heating up and so is the 2018 New Madrid Backyard BBQ Cook-Off! It will be held on June 30 in conjunction with the town's Independence Day Celebration. The cook-off is open to...
- Gallup Reports Significant 2017 Increase in Uninsured Missourians (5/20/18)
- New Foundation Brings Soy Innovation Full Circle (5/19/18)
- It’s mowing season on Missouri roadsides; Please watch out for MoDOT crews (5/19/18)
- Drought tops questions called to MU Extension (5/19/18)
- SIXTH ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT SCHEDULED (5/18/18)
- Non-Traditional Grads Say It's Never Too Late to Learn (5/18/18)
- New Madrid County Relay For Life is Saturday, May 19 (5/18/18)
- Wappapello angler sticks state-record yellow bullhead while bowfishingBOLLINGER COUNTY, Mo. – The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) reports Michael Williams of Wappapello became the most recent record-breaking angler in Missouri when he stuck a yellow bullhead on Duck Creek in Bollinger County. The new “alternative method” record fish caught by Williams on April 23 weighed 2 pounds, 4 ounces with a length of 14.75 inches. Williams’ recent catch broke the previous state-record of a 1-pound, 1-ounce caught in 1993...
- Squirrel and black bass seasons open Memorial Day weekend (5/18/18)
- Portageville baseball team falls to Scott City 14-4 in C3D1 title game (5/18/18)
- Johnson signs Letter of Intent (5/14/18)
- Missouri’s spring turkey season ends with nearly 35,800 birds harvested (5/10/18)
- Lady Dawgs drop sectional game to Kennett (5/9/18)
- Bullpups take Second Place in conference tourney (5/9/18)
Richie E. Ivie, Jr.Richie E. Ivie, Jr., of Portageville, was born May 10, 1958, in Cairo, Illinois, to Richard Ivie and Shirley Wilson Ivie, and departed this life April 25, 2018 at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape...
Barbara EagleBarbara Kay (Tribble) Eagle, of Portageville, was born March 12, 1955, in Portageville, to Gilbert Tribble and Marie (Black) Tribble, and departed this life Sunday, April 22, 2018, at Barnes Jewish...
Hazel HawksHazel Hawks, of Portageville, was born January 31, 1920, in Portageville, to Cecil Slider and Maggie Mae Sutton Slider, and departed this life Tuesday, April 17, 2018, in the Portageville Nursing...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.