Changes urged to Corps' local flood response planNEW MADRID, Mo. — There was a flood of ideas on how the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers should spend its funding and the projects in need of completion as speakers addressed the Mississippi River...
Foster honored as Citizen of Year at Chamber of Commerce BanquetFour individuals were honored Saturday night during the Awards Banquet sponsored by the Portageville Chamber of Commerce. The event was held in the Portageville Community Center. The award banquet...
- Foster honored as Citizen of Year at Chamber of Commerce Banquet
- Blunt's office meets with Lilbourn officials
- Chinese Tariff Proposals Hit Missouri Soybean Farmers (4/14/18)
- Help bash trash during MDC and MoDOT annual Trash Bash April 15 – May 15 (4/14/18)
- Portageville’s Annual Spring Clean Up Week April 23 - 27th (4/14/18)
- APRIL IS NATIONAL SAFE DIGGING MONTH Call Or Click Before You Dig—It’s The Law (4/13/18)
- Tax Reform Benefitting Families Throughout Missouri (4/12/18)
- Malden wins own TournamentMALDEN, Mo. - The Malden Green Wave’s chances of defending its title looked to be in serious jeopardy after it needed 13 innings to dispose of Bernie 4-3 in its opening game at its own nine-team baseball tournament Friday morning. But strong pitching performances kept coming for the Green Wave even after they deployed pitchers Mason Brown and Ethan Bader in their marathon opener...
Terry BrasherTerry Edwin Brasher, of Portageville, was born June 3, 1956, in Hayti, to Jerry Edwin Brasher and Vernice Tucker Brasher, and departed this life Friday, March 23, 2018 at Southeast Hospital in Cape...
Karen FowlerKaren A. Fowler, 62, of New Madrid, was born March 2, 1956, in Kankakee, Ill., to Gary Martin and Mary Ray Martin, and departed this life Friday, March 23, 2018 at her residence. She was united in...
Carol WardCarol Ward was born April 8, 1940, in Flint, Michigan, to the late Jesse Hutchison and Edna Myers Hutchison, and departed this life Sunday, March 4, 2018 at McLaren Hospital in Flint, at the age of...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
Easter Sunrise Service
Location: First Church of God--Memorial Garden
Date: April 1, 2018
Time: 7:00 a.m.
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.