Two water mains break while fighting fireThe Lilbourn Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire early Friday morning, February 17. The location of the fire was on Broughton Avenue. The house was vacant and no one was injured....
Missouri Earthquake Awareness Month focuses on earthquake risk and disaster preparednessSoutheast Missouri is at the center of the New Madrid Seismic Zone, the most active seismic area east of the Rocky Mountains
- Buckle Up/Phone Down: A Safety Challenge That Can Make a Difference (2/18/17)
- Auditor Galloway finds local governments fail to meet basic finance transparency law (2/17/17)
- Search for Missouri Century Farms continues (2/16/17)
- State seeking organizations to serve meals to children during summer months (2/16/17)
- Sales taxes and Water adjustments discusses at Council meeting (2/15/17)
- Suspect in custody after deadly Caruthersville shooting (2/15/17)
- In memory of Lt. Tom Doering (2/15/17)
- PHS Lady Bulldogs down East Prairie on Senior nightThe Portageville Lady Bulldogs played their last home game of the season Thursday night, February 16. They downed the Lady Eagles of East Prairie, 55-31. Senior Adrienne Duncan, above, led with 20 points. Shamyia Roston followed with 16 points. Besides Duncan, two other seniors were recognized, Makeisha Taylor and Astrid Laporte. Portageville also won their junior varsity contest, 23-15. They only played two quarters...
- Study shows cover crops help soils after flooding (2/17/17)
- Bloomfield downs Portageville on last home game (2/15/17)
- Volleyball All-Academics (2/15/17)
- Seedings released for C3D1 basketball tournaments (2/15/17)
- Charleston rolls past Portageville as Clark reaches milestone (2/15/17)
- Study shows cover crops help soils after flooding (2/10/17)
James Robert TaylorJames Robert Taylor, 75, of Lilbourn went to be with the Lord on January 25, 2017 at his home. He was born October 3rd, 1941 in Lilbourn, the son of the late James Park and Myrtle Fowler Taylor. He...
Carol Jean HulshofCarol Jean Hulshof, 67 of Benton, Missouri died Thursday, January 26, 2017 at the New Madrid Living Center in New Madrid. She was born July 24, 1949 in Cape Girardeau to James and Nora Brands Scherer...
Esther Cook HuffmanEsther Cook Huffman of Portageville passed away Friday, January 13, 2017 at Saint Francis Hospital in Cape Girardeau at the age of 84 years, 2 months and 3 days. She was born May 10, 1932 in...
Community Bulletin Board
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
Fund raisers, such as car washes, dinners, yard, rummage and bake sales will not be placed on the Community Bulletin Board.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area non-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Third Monday each month at 7 p.m., NAACP meets at Zion Rock in Portageville.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30p.m., Family Counsel Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
Second and Fourth Thursday, U.G. Totty Masonic Lodge #176, dinner at 6:30 at Conran Lodge.
The Portageville Chamber of Commerce will meet every 1st and 3rd TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Heartland Tax.
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633
Latest State & Nation News