Change Orders on new Waste Water Treatment Plant discussed at City Council meetingPortageville, Mo. - Two proclamations were passed before other City business was conducted at Monday nights Portageville City Council meeting. One was presented to a Portageville student, Emma Fisk,...
Proclamation made to Portageville studentPortageville, Mo. - One act of kindness goes a long way. That is what Emma Fisk has discovered when she decided to help the Portageville Police Department raise money for their "Shop With a Cop"...
- Cold, but successful Christmas Parade in Downtown Portageville (12/7/19)
- Johnson promoted to Loan Officer at FSTB-Caruthersville branch (11/27/19)
- Christmas in the ‘Ville continues with Christmas Parade; Holiday Lighting contest (11/27/19)
- Portageville students receives VFW Post 7183 School Awards (11/27/19)
- Turning Heads formerly J Lynn’s is now open (11/27/19)
- Caregivers and Grandfamilies Care Day a Success in Caruthersville (11/20/19)
- Portageville Royalties (11/20/19)
- Bootheel Bassbusters top three LeadersBRANSON, Mo. -- The Bootheel BassBusters Club held their eighth tournament and final tournament of the year on October 25 and 26 with a weigh-in at Lazylee’s Resort on Table Rock Lake. Mike Estes won the tournament with seven bass weighing 14 Lbs. 6 Oz. Terry Williams was second with four bass weighing 11 Lbs. 3 Oz. and Griff Estes was third with four bass weighing 9 Lbs. 11 Oz...
Julia WigfallPORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Julia Ruth Wigfall, 87, died Nov. 27, 2019, at Ratliff Life Care Center. Born Nov. 29, 1931, in Tiptonville, Tenn., daughter of the late Joseph and Beatrice Thompson Higgs, she...
Jim McCanneNEW MADRID, Mo. — James “Jim” McCanne, 65, died Nov. 27, 2019, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston. Born Aug. 10, 1954, in Sedalia, son of the late Joe and Wilma Kemp McCanne, he had worked...
Oliver Kelley-TindleNEW MADRID, Mo. — Oliver Elmer Elzy Kelley-Tindle, 4 months old, died Dec. 1, 2019, at his home in New Madrid. Born Aug. 1, 2019, in Cape Girardeau, he was the son of Tyler and Janie Kelley-Tindle of...
Your source to what's happening in the New Madrid County area! Call 573-379-5355 to place your event.
The Portageville Missourian provides the Community Bulletin Board calendar as a service to our readers. It is open to civic groups, clubs, schools and other area not-for-profit organizations. Items may contain the following information only: event, date, time, place and person to contact for further information. For meetings, the highlight of the event may be mentioned.
Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. there is a Fellowship Breakfast followed by Worship at 10:00 a.m. at Living Stone Baptist Church, 514 West 12th Street in Portageville.
Third Tuesday each month at 6:00 pm, Planning & Zoning Board meets at City Hall.
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 p.m., Family Council Meeting at Portageville Nursing Center.
New Portageville Chamber of Commerce Monthly meetings
1st Tuesday: Coffee Club at Katie's Diner at 8:00 am
2nd Monday: Formal Business Meeting at City Hall at 6:30 pm
3rd Wednesday: Lunch Bunch Meeting at Gator's Pizza at 11:00 am
Delta Area Blind
Assisting the Blind/Visually impaired and sighted members in the Southeast Missouri area. Call to see how we could lend support to you and your family. Wanda K. Matlock at 573-379-3880 or Jim Taul at 573-380-3633.